Thursday 2 July 2009

Now I'm back, from outer space.

Actually, I've never been away, I've just allowed other parts of my life to take over my routine, so the movie reviews over at the sister site, and mindless meanderings here have not been forthcoming.

Did you both miss me?

In fact, the only place I've been regularly posting is TWITTER, and my last 25 posts at the moment (whichever moment it happens to be) will appear now on this blog over there ---->

For those wo receive my blogs via email, bad luck. You'll have to actually visit my site to see the tweets, if that's your thing, but that's where they are.

I'm undecided on Twitter at the moment. I have nothing to sell, and I'm not a celebrity, but I have a few conversations with people on there I wouldn't normally become "facebook friends" with because I don;t actually know them. Many of these posts are board game related.

An interesting thing I saw on Twitter ast week was just how fast people started making fun of Michael Jackson's death. I was seeing horrible jokes at his expense certainly before his corpse was cold, and I think this may be the downside of Twitter.

It gives you the chance to share in people's internal monologues - the problem being, of course, that people aren't used to censoring their internal monologues so you sometimes get mindless, pointless mental meanderings (like many of my posts) or things that seemed funny in the posters' heads only to find they'e not so funny out of context or without inflection.

I treat Twitter in two ways - first as a genuine micro blog - I tweet often about what I'm doing, watching or thinking. Secondly to respond to others' POV and micro blogs. I am never going to be interested in it as a self promotion tool or as an information gathering medium (although that was how I heard of MJ's death - I double checked it on the news just in case it was a wind up) and there are many irritating market research bots and sex site linkers getting in the way.

So I'm undecided. We shall see if I keep it up.

Anyway - here's to some happy tweeting, and thanks for reading (if you still do)

A

No comments:

Post a Comment