Friday 8 May 2009

I looked up Sophies Choice... this isn't as bad.

I am officially a cat owner.

Here's what we agreed - we'd keep two of the kittens, one would go off with the mum and his big sister to a lovely new home.

Only, well, when it came to it I had real trouble choosing which one would go.

We were always going to keep Tiny (or The Bandit) since there's no way one could give up a cat you raised by hand from birth, but the other two are more problematic.

Dimitri (who used to be Smokes) is fairly docile and likes to be held a lot more than Bootsy does, who is a bit fraidy, but has, in my opinion, tonnes more personality and a penchant for standing up on two legs and setting about himself with double handed slaps etc.

They're both lovely.

So what do you do?

Here's my advice. DON'T try and make the decision while sitting in the room with them playing around your feet - it's just too hard.

What decision did I make? That should be patently and embarrassingly obvious.

A

2 comments:

  1. You kept them all, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - you kept them all!

    (I suspected from the start that you wouldn't be giving all of the cats back...you big softie!)

    ReplyDelete