Wednesday 11 March 2009

Every day I know less than the one before, about cats that is

I don't really want to get this turned into a dedicated cat raising blog, since I know nothing about raising cats it would just be an atrocious waste of yours and my time.

I do believe in introducing readers to the delights of taking in the needy young critters - I've already posted about the fostering sysem that Mrs Algo and Ihave entered into - and today as promised I want to describe the little kittens As of today they have hit a full week of age (ahh) and at least one of them has two open eyes.

N.B. You may recall I'm not posting much about the older ones since I don't like the idea of their previous owners seeing me slag them off (the owners, not the cats!). Certainly there'll be no photos of them really.

The three kittens are boys (I was told - I have no frame of reference with cat "parts" myself, but here they are:

Bootsy:

A very noisy little guy - and very wriggly too (maybe he's got the funk already?) he differssignificantly in colour from his brothers and his mum so I'm guessng he takes after Dad. Unlike the others his eyes haven't opened at all as of today.

Smokes:

Dopey obvious name time - look, you have to call em something for reference right? The first to get an eye open (but beaten to the finish line by Tiny Bandit) and by far the largest of the guys so far. More docile than Bootsy, still cute as... er... a kitten. Must work on comparative cuteness measurements!


The Bandit (AKA Tiny, AKA Dave P)

Only one person calls Bandit "Dave P". It's Dave P. Bless. We were a little concerned about the little guy since he's so small at the moment, but both eyes are open (when he's not yawning) and he's looking around happily.


They vanished the other day.

Serious.

I took a lie down (having got up at 6:30 with Mrs Algo to feed them, and went back after a half hour to find the basket empty and no sign of them. Needless to say Ihad a coronary on the spot. Once nhey'd replaced my heart with a nuclear reactor (must have accessory) I looked for them and eventually found them under the sofa. Only Tiny had wandered off beyond reach, so a massive furniture moving session reminiscenti of the old traffic jam game (remember that?) got underwa, probably traumatising the poor mites for life as the sky literally moved away!

The mum had obviously picked them up and moved them as, I'm told they do when they want to avoid leaving a trail for predators - presumably I'm still in the "enemy" camp.

Anyhow, a swift change of bedding and things have settled a bit (yay for Mrs Algo's experience!)

Revel in their glorious cuteness, my friends!

A

P.S. Definitely losing my mind - I was all excited at the delievery of my new steam cleaner. I am mortified at my house husbandly mind - have spent today working over at BoardGameGuru to try and feel more executive-esque.

No comments:

Post a Comment